Do you try with your mind to control your bodily movements and mechanics and try to think your way into a proper golf swing? Or do you allow yourself to feel how your body wants to move in order to make an effective golf swing?
Do you try to instruct your body with information about the mechanics of making a dynamic golf swing? Or do you allow yourself to experience the feel of pure impact so the intelligence of your body/mind can repeat that joyful and satisfying feeling to orchestrate the mechanics of an effective and effortless golf swing?
Which is more valuable in establishing an instinctive golf swing you can own for a lifetime…… instruction and information, or the experience of the sense of bodily feel while performing the movements in a golf swing?
“The only source of knowledge is experience.”
- Information is related to intelligence.
Experience is related to wisdom.
- Information feeds the mind.
Experience feeds the soul.
- Information can be addictive.
Experience can be enlightening.
- Information encourages imitation.
Experience harbors originality.
- Information repeats what is known.
Experience cultivates imagination.
- Information has an outward focus.
Experience has an inward focus.
- Information dulls the heart.
Experience stimulates the soul.
- Information can lead to lethargy.
Experience awakens enthusiasm and anticipation.
- In-form-ation encourages conformity.
Experience elicits self-discovery.
“Learning is experience. Everything else is just information.”
- Information engenders obedience to conventionality.
Experience supports creativity and originality.
- Information and conventional golf instruction encourage programmed movement.
Experience, exploration, and self-discovery inspire embodiment……
of the golf swing that works for you.
- So, I encourage you to self-reflect……which do you think is more effective,
information or experience?!?
“What we learn to do, we learn by doing.”
“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated;
it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.
It is at the same time rewarding and maddening –
and it is without a doubt the greatest game
mankind has ever invented.”
Information is how we are taught.
Experience is how we learn!
AWAKEN YOUR INNER GOLFER